Wednesday 9 May 2012

OCC lips tars- how i love thee....



Colours from the top left hand corner - vintage, fondue, red iron oxide, uber, stalker,NSFW, harlot, safety orange, beta, yellow iron oxide,
Trollop, pagent, plum, melange, memento, hush, petty beige
Anime, vapid and butch.

So i finally jumped on the OCC wagon, and i can gladly say i am pleasantly - not soo much surprised, because i knew they would be good - I guess i am glad they live up to the expectation/hype for me.

I've kept seeing these on random UK cosmetic sites such as Cocktail cosmetics, Love make-up, and so on, but i know myself - so the possibility of me getting 1 or 2 would never be an option for me - and at £8.95 each, would be quite damaging to my pocket. As most people know OCC revamped their packaging (matte packaging with a nozzle tip) so all their old styles went on sale *.* ding Ding DING

So - i went a little crazy - But, i think they are worth every penny! i bought 5 at first - love at first sight - well application, hyper pigmented - a little goes a very long way, you can mix them to make a new shade (hence the yellow and periwinkle) pleasant minty scent and they dry to a satiny matte finish, but most of all the wearabilty of these is UNBELIEVABLE! After that it was pretty much a done deal for me, i am expecting another 5 more ( i placed an order on Sunday) and i think i'll try and restrain myself from buying more ( i make no promises)

With every good does come a few negative (boo!) points, the colour can separate from the gloss (fondue actually came to me separated -_-) but shaking them, as well as holding them in a different position can help with that. These do stain - even the lighter colours, to me that's kind of a plus and a minus at the same time, a plus as once I've applied it there will always be colour on my lips (which i touch up with gloss) a minus if my lips have stained and i want to change lip colours completely. They can bleed if too much is applied, and are quite high maintenance as you pretty much do need a lip brush to apply them with (DO NOT SQUEEZE AND PUT ON YOUR LIPS - THIS IS NOT A GLOSS)

I wanted to swatch every colour on my lips - but once you put on a darker shade it taints them - so every post i do from now on will contain an OCC lip swatch - so here is the first swatch
 
Stalker- on top of vital lip liner in Red Earth

I do recommend using a lip liner with these as it increases the wear-ability of them, and also cleaning up the edges (i use concealer and a flat brush) once you've finished applying.

Current prices online
Cocktail cosmetics - £4.50 (limited shades left)
Genie cosmetics - £6.50 (has the most colours left)
Love make-up - £9.50 (new design tubes)
Cute cosmetics - £7.99 - £8.99 (free postage within the UK)

Until next time
xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment